Friday, March 6, 2009

Review Talk: MK Wii vs. LBP

So I was getting some slack on why I gave Mario Kart Wii a 4 and LittleBigPlanet (LBP) a 5 from a friend yesterday. They know I have loved Mario Kart games ever since Super Mario Kart and were wondering why I thought LBP was a better game, even though she pointed out that they weren't the same kind of game to compare.

My answer wasn't because I think the LBP is the better game out of the two. Both are great games in their own rights. But if you notice from my review on MK Wii there are some points that I thought Nintendo could have done better with the game. It is hard with a sequel because there is certain aspects that are expected to be brought through to the next installment and then aslo push the game farther by adding new elements. So my answer was that they could add an update to incorporate wii speak, continue with allowing two players to play Grand Prix, and keep the special item idea. Would these features have pushed my rating to a 5? I'm still not sure. It is still just a sequel after all, though wii speak would've really helped.

LBP is an innovative and new game out there. It's something different and exciting. And no one can deny all the awards it has won. I'm not saying that the game didn't have it's faults. Nothing is perfect. But it's just a breath of fresh air and a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Either way, if you have a wii and a ps3 then I recommend getting both since they are respectively some of the best games for their system.

Jessie (aka Bloodyaftertaste)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't played LBP but have heard great things about it. I agree with your 4/5 rating on Mario Kart Wii. I don't know if you played the DS installment of Mario Kart, but considering its platform and the amount of content, I would probably give it a 5/5 and it's probably the best Mario Kart game ever made with all the content. It had mission modes, free for all battle mode, and boss battles, on top of all the other Mario Kart staples which added to the single player fun. And the new tracks were very nice. 16 new ones and 16 retro. Great audio.

    Mario Kart Wii was missing some of that. Yeah I know you could download an edited stage and participate in a tournament, but having access to all that extra content in single player is important too. However, the online play is above average and definitely supports the most people on a Ninty game to date, so that's bumps the score up a bit.

    -Spell

    ReplyDelete
  2. LBP is definitely the better game. There's so much to do, its amazing.

    ReplyDelete